Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Start.Stop.Continue #30Layers30Days

With everything going on in my life, I have used social media and the internet as a whole as part of my therapy.  The people that live in my computer (and exist in real life) have helped me immensely.  One of my inspirations and fellow lover of all things art is Christa (Inspired by Beatrice Clay).  She introduced me to the All the Many Layers Blog.  GG Renee, the owner of that space, has created an awesome challenge.  It's a Self Discovery Challenge for the month of September.  There are daily writing prompts designed to encourage you to do some self excavating and discovery.  Today is my start...


DAY 1 // START. STOP. CONTINUE.

START:  What do you want to start doing?  What do you want more of in your life?  What feelings, what activities, what energy?   What baby step can you take today?


I want to start creating more art.  I want more time to allow my talents to sustain myself and my family.  I want creative, and inspiring energy to surround me.  A baby step I can take today is just making something...no matter how small.

STOP:  What have you had enough of?  What are you tolerating or feeding into that is not adding value to your life?  What area of your life is begging for more boundaries?

I have had enough of containing ANY feeling I have.  I don't want to spare anyone's feelings anymore.  I am tolerating guilt.  It is adding no value to my existence.  The area of my life that is begging for more boundaries is my heart.  It must ultimately beat for me.  I cannot sacrifice it for anyone, for any reason.


CONTINUE:  What habits or trends do you want to continue?  What's been working for you? What can you do to ensure you keep it going?


I want to continue the trend of putting healthy things into my mouth, my heart, and my mind.  What has been working for me is complete honesty - with myself and those around me.  To ensure I keep this trend going, I need to remind myself of what my life was like before I lived this way.

#30Layers30Days

Grateful for introspection.



2 comments:

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!