Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dear Sweetest Thing...

It's 4:16am.  I'm sitting in our dark living room bathed in the light of our flat screen that sits perched atop our mantle.  My body is sore and aching recovering from having some drains removed from both breasts and the two incisions on my back.  I'm feeling emotional and I'm reflecting as a result of a film, Rob the Mob. The movie is centered around a modern day "Bonnie and Clyde" that rob a few Mafia Social clubs.  Their love for each other was so raw.  Even through their life circumstances, their love was the beacon that shined through.  It reminds me of the raw, unconditional love my husband and I share.


This double mastectomy has changed my life and the lives of those around me in ways, I'm sure, we've yet to discover.  Throughout this entire process, there has not been one minute during which I have not being enveloped in love and support.  My constant companion and supporter has been my husband, Terence.  Even as I'm composing this, he is asleep, (rather uncomfortably) on the couch next to me.  He won't leave my side.  Love like that is...beautiful.

He comforts me, he encourages me, he sees beauty where I see flaws.  He lifts me up.  I could list his many, many positive attributes.  I could wax poetic about our bond and our unwavering commitment to each other.  However, instead, right now...I'd like to just use this space to revel in the glow of his love while I bathe in the light of the television in our dark living room.

Grateful for him.


2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful to hear that you got it done and ready to start the re-building process. Girl...nothing beats unconditional Love and you are lucky to have it. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you said "wax poetic" I thought I would just add this, as I was reading this............FINGERSNAPS was all I heard!!!

    Here's wishing you a SPEEDIER recovery!!!

    P.S. And hubby you keep being that CONSTANT!!!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!