Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

What I learned this year...


As I sit in front of my computer pouring over countless End of the Year reviews, round ups, reflections and recollections, I couldn't help but think about my own experiences this year.  There were absolutely no small moments for me and yet, I've been completely negligent in celebrating them and reveling in them when they were occurring.  I guess that is the nature of man, to want and wish today away....  That's not necessarily the best way to be and I'm going to endeavor to change that.

I digress.

What I learned in 2013:

1. You're never too old to make new friends.

2. A goal with no plan is just an empty wish.

3. I'd rather have experiences than "stuff".

4. Falling in love with yourself is more amazing than falling in love with anyone else.

5. Sex is better when you're in love with yourself.

6. Passion is a gift.

7. The world is full of boundless beauty and it does the heart well to stop and admire it.

8. I am not my hair.

9. It's okay to be wrong and make mistakes.

10. Nothing makes you more than anyone else.

11. Moderation is the key to a happy life.

12. Peace is earned, not promised.

What have you learned?

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE LISTS! I do I do I DOOOOO. I learned a lot this past year but chief among the lessons is If it ain't a HELL YES then don't do it. Life is too short to sign up to do stuff you really don't want to do or have a passion for, besides everyone loses in that situation. In 2014, I am all about the HELL YES and the WIN WIN ***hugs and hi5s*** HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2013 was not my best year but I also learned its nvr too late to make friends too! I'm learning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some bumps and thumps this year too! But, that learning is invaluable isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted to lists. I make lists and don't even do anything with them! LOL! Life is too short to not be passionate about what you're doing. I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on all of the above and I am glad to have met you in this blogsphere. But, #4..Falling in Love with yourself. . . is to be Celebrated. Happy Healthy 2014 to You!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessss... we can never be too old to make friends, I'm NOT my hair and it's ok to make mistakes!!!! These are top my list. Thanks for sharing!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to have met you too! Have a beautiful and full New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this list. 2013 had it's fair share of ups and downs for me but, I learned quite a bit about myself. For instance, learning to accept my body, how to let go & love more, and what a true friend really is. You're #1 and #8 are also lesson I've learned. #5, preach!!! Happy New Year...XO!


    ~Whitney

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!