Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

THINGS I'm THANKful for...

Sup Rose Heads?  As you know this blog is random.  It's random because I'm random.  Let me tell you something, when people think you're crazy, that is so freeing!  Try it sometimes...but, don't say I told you to do it!  This blog is like the Seinfeld of the the blogging world. 

Now, I have a list of THINGS that I'm grateful for and I'd like to share them.  I'm not going to include any of the obligatory things that a mother and a wife should, like "the love of my family", "peace in my soul" or "the festive fall leaves"...you've heard that enough!  >>Insert cliche'...don't judge me<<

Here is my list.  Boom.

The Rubbermaid Reveal Mop:


This mop is the best mop I've EVER used!  I hate mopping!  It's right up there with doing laundry and de-hairing my body!  However, this mop makes mopping kind of fun.  Let me explain:  You can make your own cleaning mixture.  The bottle comes off, and you can add any cleaner you want!  I do, two parts water, one part Purple Fabuloso and one part Clorox Clean-up.  The pads are microfiber and pick up everything.  They're not hard on your floors and they are very absorbent.  I love the fact that they hook AND Velcro onto the mop head so you KNOW they're not going anywhere. I throw them in the washer when I'm done and boom, pap (not smear), pow...I'm good!  No stinky mop smell!  The mop head swivels and is really flat so you can scoop under the fridge and the range.  Finally, to dispense the cleaner, you squeeze a trigger.  Uh...GENIUS!  Kill. That. Dirt.


Johnson and Johnson's Baby Oil Gel:


My mama is from Birmingham, AL but, my father is from NIGERIA!  So, I have some serious skin!  I'm not saying all African people have dry skin but, my daddy does!  He passed that crocodile skin down to me!  Over the years, I have used Vaseline, Eucerin and even Cocoa Butter to moisturize my skin.  BUT...I have found that if I apply this as soon as I get out of the shower, my skin stays moisturized all day!  I like to mix it with Shea butter during the cold months.  It WILL stain your clothes though! Be careful!

Walker's Wood Jerk Seasoning:



I don't know about you but, I LOVE Jerk seasoning!  It's just good in my soul!  If you don't like ethnic foods or spicy foods, this ain't for you boo!  It's a paste so, it's easy to add to chicken, beef, pork or seafood.  Not only is it spicy but, it's flavorful.  There is a mild version of this but, who cares about that? ......No one?  Exactly!  Since I don't eat meat, I use this on fish.  I usually chop up some onion and bell pepper, saute them in olive oil with a little coarse sea salt and garlic.  Then, I add some tilapia in with about a tea spoon full of Walker's Wood and a half a cup of water.  I let that cook for about 15 minutes and BOOM!  Perfect fish to go over rice with a side of veggies!

Caress Body Wash:



I hate those damned little puff things. They scratch my coo-coo (maybe you aren't supposed to use them on your coo-coo). There fore, I use quite a bit of body wash on my wash towel during my showers.  So, it benefits me to use a cost effective product that also moisturizes, washes completely away and smells heavenly.  Caress fits the bill.  I don't know of a retailer where it is not available.  That alone adds to it's value in my opinion. 

Sally Hansen Hair Removal Cream for Face, Upper Lip and Chin:


I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.  Oh, don't cry me a river, I'll be alright. BUT...one of the side effects is a chin full of hair.  So, I use a facial depilatory to remove the hair.  This Sally Hansen product is the best that I've found.  It's quick, it's easy, it's not harsh and you can use it multiple times a week.  Boom and shaka-locka.

Maggi Instant Bouillon:



This stuff is a life saver!  I work full time outside of the home so, I don't have lots of time in the evenings to prepare our family meals.  Also, since I don't eat chicken, turkey, beef or pork, I find that a lot of the veggies I used to prepare with meat as a seasoning don't taste as good.  This seasoning helps me get things done in the blink of an eye.  I use it to flavor my Lima beans, black eyed peas, greens and cabbage.  Only a SMALL AMOUNT is required since it's pure sodium but, it's a great tool to have in your cooking arsenal.  Oh, don't get me started on broth for soups!

So, there you have it, some THINGS I'm grateful for!  Any product faves you're grateful for?




4 comments:

  1. You just made me laugh. You are so silly! I literally laughed out loud when I read, "I have some serious skin." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. De-hairing bahahaha I love that word, I actually just had a visual Lord Jesus!!! LOL

    I'm grateful for maggi and "de-hairing" products LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That puff is not for your coo coo!! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!