Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why don't you SPEAK? Rose Redd Realness #2


Topic: SAY HELLO! BE CORDIAL!

Hello dear readers!  I've covered this topic on this blog before.  However, since my relaunch, I thought it prudent to revisit this topic.  Start using your MANNERS and be cordial towards people!  Say HELLO and GOODBYE!  I can't tell you how many people I encounter during the course of the week that don't acknowledge you until they need something or until they're absolutely forced to!

Is it going to kill you, dampen your spirit or diminish your glow if you are pleasant toward people?  Don't allow whatever you're going through to stop you from letting other HUMANS know that you see them and that you care enough to acknowledge their presence! 

You know who the WORST people are for this kind of behavior?  Black women!  I love us and I'm glad to be one of us but, A LOT of us do not behave in a cordial manner when we're outside of our comfort zone.  We walk around with this permanent scowl on our faces WONDERING why people pigeon hole us into only a couple of categories.  Well....that's why!  A smile never hurt anyone!  It may help you honestly.

Now, don't twist your mouth to the side and roll your eyes!  Women in general do this. BUT...the sistas have the attitude game on LOCK!  Don't believe me?  Just watch...the chicks at the mall next time you go!

Truthfully, being cordial and "speaking" to people may open doors for you that would have never opened previously.  You may touch a life, give someone hope or deepen their faith in mankind.  Or hell..you may just make someone smile in return.  

The whole point is, use the Golden Rule and DON'T be a Jerky McJerkface!

NOW...I did a video about this.  Couldn't upload it to this post.  Got frustrated. Drank a Coke and got over it. Soooo...copy this link and paste it into your Address Bar and check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJlbJnc-KAI

Make sure you SUBSCRIBE and hit the gear button on the bottom right of the YouTube video and change the quality to 1080.  I filmed this video with the LAST MAC make-up on and I want you to see all that! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I really hate when people are so surly, that they can't speak. I said good morning to this woman (a sista!) in the grocery store once, and she looked and said 'Do, I know you?!' I was just like damn?! Is it a crime to say good morning to people??!!

    I always make it a point to say hello, and ask people how they are doing. You'd be surprised at how many people are surprised that you asked them how their day is going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this discussion! I have always said that "we" walk around with stank attitudes or scowls as a form of self defense. Self defense that is hardly ever needed. I was guilty of this for a long time until I worked on some things. Not everyone is out to get you or start drama. Smile a little. Ask someone how they're doing. It is really life changing. Be supportive and encouraging of other black women. I could go on and on, great post!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!