Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

You can't DIY w/o a PLAN!

Hey there blogger boos!  Did you ever see a photo and say "That's how I want my house to look!"  Well, I see those photos all the time.  I see them in the pages of Architectural Digest, I see them on the HGTV site and I ESPECIALLY see them in the pages of Better Homes and Gardens or bhg.com!

One such picture sums up how I want SEVERAL of the rooms in my house to look.  I want them to be eclectic, comfortable, bright and welcoming.  This photo inspired me and became part of my decorating plan.
Check out how it inspired me!

This is the photo without my notes.  Doesn't it scream BRIGHT, HAPPY, COMFORTABLE and ECLECTIC?!?!


Here is the photo with my notes!


I have this DRAB light hanging over my kitchen table.  It's actually, quite unique.  Instead of getting rid of it, I'm going to spray paint some parts of it to give it an upgrade.

I got suckered into the microfiber fad and I have a very square, very mocha colored microfiber couch.  Since that mocha is very neutral, I'm going to spice it up by making some interesting and colorful pillows to spice it up a bit!  Oh! I'm definitely going to add a throw.  I'm always cold!

I love that refinished bench at the foot of the bed!  I'm going to upgrade these two telephone tables and make them just as fab with the right shade of green paint and some fun and flirty wall paper to cover their tops.  Oh and I'm decoupaging away for the tops of the tables.

Instead of buying expensive curtain rods, I'm going to buy and paint some dowels and finials to suit my purposes.  Throw those up there with some easy sew curtains and my kitchen and living room will have well dress windows (which we all know are windows to the soul...and the room).

Stick around as I showcase my work!  They'll be plenty of tutorials too!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. This room is super cute! I never thought to spray paint my light fixture! I have one similar to the one in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your before and after photos, Rochelle! I have a microfibre sofa also, but it is in an orangey tan colour, I've used neutral cushions to tone it DOWN a bit, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to see the finished project !! Keep up the good work....you inspire me as always :)

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!