Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Miscellaneous Goodness

Thrift stores almost always = awesome.  Awesome vintage finds, awesome furniture finds, awesome clothing finds...you get the point. So, I was more than pleased to find this forty year old Reader's Digest Atlas.  This is the kind of reference book that my mom always bought for me.  In the eighties and early to mid nineties the internet was not the go-to place for reference materials.  While having an almost unfathomable amount of information available to you at the click of a mouse is convenient - there is most certainly NOTHING better than holding a book in your hands.

Look at my new gem:


Can you believe this book was only $2.95 at my local GoodWill?  I gasped so loud at the register that I sucked all the air away from the cashier!  I was that surprised!  I promise you I'll treasure this until I die!


This is the first thing thing you see when you open the atlas.  It's an old world style of map that you only see now on television shows from the 14th - 16th centuries.


Beautiful and authoritative type face.  Look at the endless flourishes on the top and the bottom of the text.  Ahhh this Atlas is a tall glass of life!



See, told ya...1963!  Wonderful condition!  Someone's grandmother had this in her study or library.

You know I had to include a photo of my state and my CIT-TAY! A-T-L-A-N-T-A-G-A that's where I stay! LOL!

Do you have any Miscellaneous Goodness to share from the week?


1 comment:

  1. Ok, so this is cray cray... I didn't know you were back up and blogging! Whyyyy I NEVER get updates in my blog reader feeder thingy??? lol \

    At any rate, I'm glad to see yo blogging. Now let me just go back and read what Imay have missed. BTW, my daughter would soooo LOVE this book she get hyped about those and what's the other one. Hmmm... o, yeah Guiness Book of World Record. Ok, soooo I'm babbling. LOL!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!