Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

RoseRedd Made It: Stuffed Zucchini

G'day folks! The recipe for this week is my stuffed zucchini!  Of course I'm not the first person to make stuffed zucchini but, I'd like to think that my recipe is pretty good.  I served this with a big field green salad.

What I love about this dish is that it's both tasty and healthy.

Ingredients List:
(4) Large Zucchini
(1) Large carrot
(1) Cup of mushrooms (bella would be best)
(1/2) Cup of scallions
(2) Leaves of basil
(1) Large heirloom tomato

Seasoning:
Sea Salt
Garlic
EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)

Alright, so, I used four large zucchini squash.  I cut each zucchini in half and then cored each half.  I saved the "innards" to use for the stuffing.


Next, you want to chop up all the other goodies you want to include in your stuffing.  I used diced heirloom tomatoes, white mushrooms, scallions, fresh basil, and carrots.  You can really use anything you'd like.  Just be careful that you don't pick things that will turn to mush.


Next, I chopped fairly large "chunks" of mozzarella cheese.  I use the Polly-O brand.  I really like the quality of the cheese.  It's super yummers!


Next, I saute all the veggies, including the cored zucchini in skillet with a tablespoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).  I add garlic and a tiny bit of  sea salt in with the veggies.  Remember, salt will draw water out of your veggies and they'll loose their nice texture.  Don't forget that you can always season the stuffed zucchini before it goes into the oven.


Next, toss the mozzarella in with the mixture and spoon the stuffing into each zucchini shell.  Now would be the time to add additional seasoning before you pop it in the oven.  While all this is going on, I would pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Bake it in the oven until all the cheese is melted.  I like mine to be slightly brown.  Use your discretion.

Optional ingredients:  You can add day old bread and canned tomatoes to make this a more filling dish.  However, my version is for those with more than enough love on their handles!

Insider Tip:  I also saute and season the outside zucchini shell.

Here is what the final product looks like.


If you try my recipe, please share it on social media!  Use the hashtag #RoseReddMadeIt



5 comments:

  1. OK!! Looks Healthy and tasty!!!!!!!!
    Ok... I want to try it ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try and let me know how it goes! I want to know how your version tastes!

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious. I'll have to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had it but it looks YUMMY!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!