Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Framed Monogram Fabric Panels

Hey y'all!  So, I know that I'm supposed to be sharing all of these wonderful crafted and D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) home projects with you all but, guess what?  These things take time!  I was really getting agitated with not having this stuff up on the blog. But, HELL...by the time I go to work, do school work, drive through traffic, pick the baby up, cook, clean, do more work...it's late as hell and I can't take pictures for the blog! Well, praise Moses for crock pots and meal planning because I actually got some shit stuff done this weekend!

My mom thrifted these framed Cafe art photos about four years ago.  They hung in our apartment and they were fab.  After we moved twice, the frames were beat down and busted.  I didn't throw them away because I knew I could repurpose them.  So, I took them apart and decided to make some FRAMED MONOGRAM FABRIC PANELS.


So, the first step in this grand transformation was painting these frames.  They were black and that sucked!  I didn't want to waste any primer (that stuff is as precious as breast milk was when I was nursing!) on these so, I used some good old Krylon spray paint. BUT...I ended up using some left over old school paint in the can b/c I refused to give the Hobby Lobby any more of my coins!


While the frames were drying, I started working on the fabric panels.  In order for your fabric panel to fit snug in your frame make sure to wrap the fabric around all the contents that came with the frame.  For my panels, I wrapped both the cardboard and the mat.  If I were missing any part of the "innerds" of the frames, I'd just add more cardboard until it fit. Make sure you pull the fabric so that it's taught.  You don't want any droopy fabric in your frame.


Finally, you adhere your object.  Now, I used a chipboard "W" (please say the Washington) and painted it a minty green.  I adhered it with a heavy duty hot glue.


It's the perfect compliment for our foyer/entry way.  I made two.  The other one is in our Master bath room.


Well, that's it y'all! I hope you enjoyed this!  I've got more projects coming your way!  Stay tuned y'all! Oh and Pin my shit stuff!

Linking up with:  diy home sweet home



1 comment:

  1. OMG Ro, this is so f'n amazing. I love this so much. I can't wait for you to make me one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!