Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Inspired by a Blogger...My FRIENDS give LIFE!

Hey y'all!  Today, while I was taking my daily stroll through blog land, I came upon THIS POST from Bernetta of Bernettastyle.com.  She called it her Girlfriend Hit List.  She basically shared a photo of her closest friends and said a little something about them! I thought that was AWESOME! So, I decided to do the same thing!  I'll be doing these "inspired by" posts more often!  Now, I'm not swagger jacking but, paying homage to a good concept and putting my spin on it!

Not only am I GRATEFUL and HONORED to be friends with these ladies, I'm in awe of how they TRULY know me but, love me anyway!  *Clink, clink* and *Scoot, scoot* to my "circle" of FAB friends!



I met April in the Summer of 2001.  We were in the same health class in college and we hit it off right away!  She has ALWAYS been there to support me in everything I do.  She plays no games but, she has the BIGGEST heart of anyone I've ever met.  We are never at a loss for things to talk about, she's a good listener and her spirit just aligns well with mine!  She's definitely the big sister I never had.  I love you girl! 




I met Ashanti through April.  They are the LAST BFFs honey! #PraiseFriendship  When I tell you that this lady is the #1 supporter!  She has bought more cards and services from my design company, Twotearsinmybucket.com than ANYONE! LOL!  She listens to me and always allows me to be myself.  She will very politely tell you the REAL and not think twice about it.  She recently got married and it was so beautiful.  I was so honored to be part of special day.  I think she has to be one of the few people in the world that knows all my tea and crumpets honey! She'd better not EVER write a book about me! LOL!  She is the only person living with a platinum heart...encrusted with diamonds of course! 


My J. King!!!!  We met each other at work six years ago.  She said she didn't befriend me in the first few weeks because the admin had a high turn over and she didn't want to get to know someone who was going to be gone in a minute! LOL!  Heffa!  She is very mild mannered and laid back but, don't you be fooled! Homegirl will eat your lunch...and quickly at that! LOL!  She has NEVER judged me and NEVER made me feel anything but good.  She is honest, hardworking and strong.  She inspires me.  Oh, and don't sleep on her baking skills www.neverdessertyou.com  I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for our talks.  She has saved me from many a blunder!  

Do you recognize this lady?  Style is She.  Who me?  No her! LOL!  She's NeShanta of Styleisshe.com!  But, she's also my friend.  You know when you reach the seasoned age of 30, your circle of friends has *typically* already been formed.  So, I was surprised when I met her and we clicked so much!  I can tell her anything and I know she'll still have my back.  What a great gift to be given a good friend when you weren't even reviewing applications!  She is honest, forward and just as ratch-sophisticated as me!  We have the LAST friendship hann-nah (that's honey pronounced the ratch-sophisticated way)!


These are the DIVAS!  I'm not going to lie, my ex-best friend was in the front of the photo so, I kindly cropped her out.  But, seriously...these ladies are so sweet and we support each other.  Of course I'm closer to some of the ladies than others but, we're always there to lift each other up and that means a lot.  I love them all, they are each unique and have so much to share with the world. 

I have to give a SPECIAL shout out to Toya, the modern day Mother Teresa for always being a listening ear.  She is the friend I don't deserve.  I don't think she's even capable of killing a mosquito.  She's kind, gentle, giving, sweet and lovely.  She is the DIVA in the white on the back row.  

Alright that's it!  Do you love your circle of friends?  Do they give you life?  If not...change ya circle boo!

Thanks to Bernetta for inspiring this post!





5 comments:

  1. Lawd you know I am emo these last few days. I had to fight the tears. LOL Love you boo. Great post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice. I need to be more like you and ad more creativity in my pictures. I laughed when u said u cropped your ex friend out!! but, such is life right! Thank God for the lasting friendships!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much doll. You have no idea how much YOU have inspired me and always there for me. Sniff sniff. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. It's such a blessing to have good people in your life who inspire you. I thank God everyday for my circle. XO!

    ~Whitnwy
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post! Girlfriends keep us grounded :) (and sane)!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!