Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Please Believe I'm Talking About You...

Hello lovelies!  Okay, so, I have a confession.  I don't really watch TV like that.  If a show is good and I hear about it enough I will watch it on Hulu+ or Netflix.  If I can't find it there, I'll check the network sites or the blogs.  That brings me to Basketball Wives (not LA, the original)! Chiiiiiile I have never seen such tomfoolery wrapped up in shenanigans and fuckery in my ENTIRE LIFE!  The sad part is, all the ladies on the show have something good and real to bring.  It's just their interactions with each other that cause the positivity to take a nose dive.

They're always getting into some drama over what one lady said about another lady behind her back!  Who doesn't talk about folks they know to other folks they know?  Sure you don't have to be malicious and slanderous but, you do talk about folks!  If you're questioned about it, you should be able to say "Yes, I said xyz because...".

I said all that to say...do you really get upset if you know that folks are talking about you?  I mean, is it THAT serious? Now, would I be hurt if I found out my closest friends thought I was a dog faced heffa?  Of course!  But, if Susie Suckface thinks I'm stuck up...I don't care enough about her to let that anger me...well, I may get a LITTLE angry!  So, I think if you're one of those folks that says "Don't talk about me"! Then, you're being impractical   Folks talk.  When you become okay with that...a lot of frustration and upset will subside.

'Cause truthfully, If I have met you, I'm going to talk about you.  Hell, if I haven't met you, I may talk about your online representative (i.e. your blog, your twitter comments).  I'm going to say whether or not you were cool, how you made me feel, what you were doing, etc.  If you were a jerkface, I'm going to really talk about your ass!  No like for real. That's a part of life.  It doesn't have to be a bad thing...but, it does happen.


Now for those of you that say that you don't talk about others...I don't believe YOU!  I don't know why but, that has always irked me!  If you don't talk about other people then you aren't talking about anything! People are the substance of LIFE!  That's all that there is to it!  So, don't you gallop up to me on your high horse acting like you're above my good tea!


No man is an island.  #RoseReddSaid







8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read a post about this. I have always thought this. It is so stupid to get upset about folks talking about you. I mean I used to get mad but not anymore. I figured if people have something to say about me then I must be worth talking about. Ha ha ha!!! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about it like that before but you gave some great points! I guess I do talk then! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I miss those facial expressions. But death to that bathroom LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course people talk. Some talk to share, some talk with no bad intentions, some talk with malicious intent. I don't like talking with people about people when the purpose of the conversation for the other party is to be nasty. I do talk about people, I just don't do it to be hurtful. Some people do deserve to be talked about nasty - like Suzy Suckface who just gossips for the sheer nasty joy of it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! I know I talk about folks! My preference is to their faces though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you could do a long blog post with just those expressions, that would make me happy.

    But for real, I try hard NOT to talk about folks... but you're right, I'm human. When I do open my mouth I KNOW what I say WILL be repeated so I don't mind speaking up and setting the story straight!


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha!!! Very well stated. That's the reality of the world. If you're not talking about people, then what exactly are you talking about? You're right, it doesn't have to be bad, but it HAS to be done. LOL

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! That's right, if you're not talking about people, then what exactly are you talking about. It doesn't have to be bad but it HAS to be done. Love this!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!