Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Conflict Resolution



Women get a bad rep.  We're largely emotional and that drives a lot of our decisions.  It colors our interactions with each other, our spouses, our families, friends and colleagues.  In my opinion, it's very important to have the ability to handle conflict with class, and finesse.   By nature, I'm surly.  So, it's easy for me to dislike someone and use my tongue as a lethal weapon.  However, I'd like to think that I'm too polished and poised for the senseless bickering and tom foolery.

For the most part, I'm very methodical when I'm dealing with conflict.  I make measured statements and really think about the person I'm having conflict with before addressing it. This is not always my way.  I've have quite a few "snap on sight" moments.  You know - moments when you don't think...you just react.  "Snapping on Sight" is really not the best approach.  When you deal with conflict this way, you are at your most lethal.

My mantra is to use honesty as my war banner.  I'd rather tell someone the truth, listen to their rebuttal, and then give them more truth.  The often frustrating result of this method is folks not accepting your truths.  BUT...no one can doubt truth.  That's why it's best to lead with that.

When I watch certain TV shows, I shake my head at the way the cast handles conflict.  Now, of course, there would be no show without drama.  I get that.  However, I wish that folks didn't immediately jump up to get physical!  I mean, that is some primitive shit.

There are a plethora of important lesson learned during our time here on Earth.  However, one of the most important, is to learn the art of disagreeing.  Try and dissect the problem.  Think of a clear, concise and respectful way of handling it and move on.  Even if you don't get the last word or pop your foe in the mouth, you can walk away knowing that you handled your situation as a mature, classy, dignified and respectable person.

If that doesn't work.  Fuck 'em up!  Just kidding...no I'm not.


2 comments:

  1. Women are everything and then some! We can't help it, it's our nature. Lately I found myself completely disgusted by reality tv, so much so that I completely stopped watching all things reality. And I'm totally hypocritical because I am the first person to jump on someone's azz without thinking first. What can I say, I am a woman damnit! Lol! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!