Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

A Breath of Fresh Hair...

Hello lovelies!  I'm going through a personal transformation.  Inside and out.  I decided to cut my locs into a bob.  A funky, sexy, fly bob at that!  I was carrying around a lot of hair and a lot of baggage too.  I had been toying around with cutting my hair for a while.  Let me tell you what was holding me back: 1.  I thought if I cut my hair then, folks would be able to see more of my neck and face FAT.  2.  I thought if I cut my hair then, folks would be able to see more of my neck and face FAT.  Second verse, same as the first.

Now, I don't know why I gave a furry fuck about how folks viewed me but, I got over it.  And I CUT IT!  Even though I know some terrific naturalistas/locticians/natural hair care givers I decided to keep my duckets  and cut it myself.

When I made the first few cuts, I felt liberated!  In those first few moments I let go of so much negative energy.


































You can see just how much hair I had to let go of.  I know folks look at locs and see time, energy, effort and all that but, along with that comes assumption, false security and stereotypes.























One of the main reasons I loved my long hair is because it allowed me to feel safe.  It was something that I felt took attention away from my flaws.  To be flawed is to be human and no amount of hair or anything else can alter that.  I decided to let go of my veil and view life head-on...and allow folks to see me for me...not my damn hair.













































So now...I'm fulfilled knowing that I took a chance.  I tried.  I did something new and unexpected.

It turns out that I am NOT my hair! Go figure!


7 comments:

  1. What flaws?!?!? No, REALLY?!?!? You look absolutely amazing before and STUNNING with your new cut! So glad to see the new you!


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it. I like how it has a jazzy style to it as well. Both looks were nice, but sometimes you have to let go, and live!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle, you sure are way more than your hair. :-) Your new style is awesome. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It fits you...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE It Rochelle! I loved your hair before, but I think this new style fits you well! Congrats to you for taking such a big step!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!