Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

I Have Nothing to Talk About...

Hey Hannahs (that would be honey...the ratchet way)!  So, I haven't been blogging because honestly, I've been feeling like I should let Rose Redd Said go.  I don't feel like I have anything to talk about that you all would actually be interested in reading.

I mean, there a so many blogs out there.  A lot of them talk about shit that isn't very attention grabbing.  I just didn't want my blog to fall into the abyss of boring ass blogs.  I'm not hating on anyone's blog!  I'm simply stating that I don't want to put y'all to sleep with tales of belly button lint and socks.  Let me tell you...I get the most views when I'm being "Funny" as opposed to when I'm talking about my recipes or my DIY projects.  Folks don't give a damn about that.  So, that presents a conundrum for me.  Do I "shuck and jive" for y'all or share what I want to share.  I guess the answer is both.  Plus, shucking and jiving does come natural.

That's why my posts are so infrequent.  Does that draw brands to me?  No.  Does that do anything for my analytics?  That would be a hell no.  But, it's how I've dealt with this blog up until now.

My Good Judy, Neshanta (styleisshe.com) and I were having a conversation.

I said:  "Yeah, I'm done with Rose Redd Said, the blog".
She said:  "Bitch you'd better get it together...you are not getting rid of that blog"!
I said:  "Well damn, I guess I'm not".

There were more words after that but, basically, that's how it went.  So, I'm going to keep this ROSEY party going.  I'm not making any promises.

I'm just going to do me and see what happens.  All my other attempts at assimilating have failed.




5 comments:

  1. Please don't stop. You are very funny as well as insightful. I like hearing what "Rose Red Said"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle, I love reading what you have to say. Don't worry about what other people want, you just write about what YOU want. Then you'll enjoy yourself, and the people who like your style (like me) will come and stay. I think you underestimate how awesome you are. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you have no choice. ROSE REDD stays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm on the same page as NeShanta.... Get it together girl the blogosphere NEEDS you! I love all your posts and YES you make me chuckle all the time, which I love!


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little surprised when you said you wanted to call it quits. I look forward to your posts and even if I don't comment, I'm still here everyday looking to see if you posted something new. Glad you decided to keep it up! The blog world needs you. Your honesty is priceless. Trust and believe! 😃

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!