Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Staying Too Long

Do you ever feel as though some parts of your life are just....well...stagnant?  Think about it.  You get up, get dressed, help your family get it together, drive in traffic/commute, work, come home, cook and clean, rest and repeat. You're moving but, you're not going any where.  Routine has dominated your life.  Not that routine is all bad of course. Routine keeps us balanced.  It can also keep us numb.  Numb to life going on outside your routine.  Numb to ambition.  Numb to alternative ways of thinking. Numb to the fact that we're standing still...stagnant.



The older I get the more I value and appreciate the spontaneous dreamer that used to exist within me as a younger woman.  So, I've decided to resurrect her.  So many parts of my life require that there is a steady constant.  So, I can't escape some of my routine.  However, I don't have to be oblivious to the rest of the beauty, intrigue, depth, and enormity of life going on all around me.

Here are some of my plans to live outside the routine:

1.  Take different routes to and from work.
2.  Listen to a different radio station.
3.  Eat something new.
4.  Kiss my husband before he says hello.
5.  Dye my hair.
6.  Go a whole week without complaining.
7.  Get naked in the mirror...in other words stop avoiding my fat.
8.  Talk less, listen more.
9.  Go on a hike.
10. Pick a flower...and smell it.

Do you ever wonder about life outside the routine?  Has routine claimed all of your drive, ambition and wonder?

What would be on your list?






4 comments:

  1. I actually enjoy taking different routes to and from work. On days when I have the time, I always make sure to do this. Another really good one from your list is, going an entire week without complaining. This is VERY difficult, even if the complaint is just about traffic or pollen! However, we all know that positive thoughts and speech can change your whole perspective. So that is something that I too want to place on my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur amazing so I'm sure once you break out of that shell you will be untouchable. #praisemoses my pep talks are working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, routines are nice but they can definitely make life boring too

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, routines can be such a bore. thanx for the lil list of does, i'm gona try em.

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!