Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Four Simple Goals to reach Before 2014



While browsing through Blogland, I came across this post from one of my blog crushes "A Beautiful Mess".  They have a really great idea.  You make a list of four simple goals that you want to accomplish before 2014.  The purpose of this challenge is to create positive, enriching habits during a time of the year when folks are not thinking about goal setting.  Think about it.  By now you've given up on many of your resolutions and a lot of your initial plans for the new year have fallen by the wayside.  So this is an opportunity to end the year the strong way!

Here are the "rules" (directly from A Beautiful Mess):

1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done but are not difficult to accomplish. 
2. Do not choose result oriented goals. Choose activity oriented goals. For example, instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". Get what I'm saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result! 
3. Choose personal goals you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences. 
4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward—it's up to you.

Here are my Four Simple Goals:


So...how about it?  Wanna goal set with me?  If you do, use hashtag #4SimpleGoals.  Share your experiences here with me and share them on A Beautiful Mess too!

Get your Simple Goal Setting on!


7 comments:

  1. Great idea! This is the time of the year when all those goals you set for yourself in the beginning are no longer on your list or they are but you're thinking I'll add that to my goals for next year...lol
    I'm going to set 4 simple goals too! I'll let you know what they are once I've had a chance to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janae! Make sure to let me know about those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ms. Davis! Simple is always better right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this! I always say I'm going to make our Christmas cards and every year I end up buying them instead. This is going to be my year to DIY!!!! I would also add getting some fitness time in outside with my babies to my list of goals. A daily walk would be good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Year resolutions are mostly broke, so its better to keep it simple. Nice post, atleast a person would be able to keep most of their challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so great to have goals - wishing you the best!


    www.rcsoatl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! See these small goals will definitely enhance your lfie! I didn't even think about taking a daily walk! Good one!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!