Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Fall Flavor...

You know what I enjoy?  Fashion.  The only thing that stops me from being sickening fly (extremely well dressed for the lay people), is money.  I do LOVE to thrift and I purchase retail items when they're affordable.  I consider my style eclectic.  I don't like regular rules and I damn sure don't like fashion rules!  So...I wear what I like.  I wear what feels good.  That gets me a lot of sideways looks at my son's daycare.  Don't get me started on the "you're not following the rules" stares I get while traipsing down the halls of corporate America!

I see my style as an ever evolving extension of me an as artist.  I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my shit! (Shout out to E. Badu for that quote)

Here are some of my ensembles from the month of October. You'll notice a common thread through out all these photos - combat boots and my zebra purse that I use for major family outings.  That purse can carry two foot longs, 3 waters, a make-up bag, hand sanitizer, a change of clothes and a DSLR camera!  The combat boots are so comfortable and I love them!

You'll also notice that one item in each photo is thrifted.  I'm telling you, thrifting is real!  It saves my fashion life!

My trip to Zoo Atlanta with my guys in early October.
Rose is Wearing:
Black and gold studded top - Forever21+
Tribal shorts - Thrifted/Gifted
Combat Boots - Steve Madden



Long Beach Marina during my LOVELY trip to California!
Rose is Wearing:
Stripped BodyCon Dress - Walmart.com
Green Military Jacket - Thrifted
Scarf - Dillards
Combat Boots - Steve Madden


Chillin' during a work day!  Busy on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3...I LOVE that phone!
Rose is Wearing:
Color Blocked/Mock Turtleneck BodyCon Dress - styleissheonline.com
Houndstooth Blzer - Thrifted
Boots - Gianni Bini
 


9 comments:

  1. You look fab! You know I believe in being fly on a budget. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ashley! I appreciate the love. You know we've got to conserve our coins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look Great in all your photos and on a budget to boot! I enjoy reading your blog, so keep em coming. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that outfit when you went to the Long Beach marina. Those stripes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try combat boots but I'm not sure if I know how to style them. You look cute in your look. I noticed that your striped dress was from WalMart. I was in there the other day and noticed that they had some CUTE corduroy/denim pants in all these pretty colors for Fall. I was with the kids and I didn't feel like trying them on but they were cute. People sleep on WalMart...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hanz you look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marie! I was really feeling that dress, I felt myself that day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ms. Kurves! That makes me feel more confident. I truly appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is hot. Love the Gianni!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!