Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

RoseRedd Made It: Chick-Fil-A Inspired Chicken Nuggets


I'm a pescatarian.  So, I don't eat any meat other than seafood.  However, my husband and my son are straight up carnivores!  Well, they don't eat beef but, everything else is game!  So, I make a lot of chicken dishes.  My son really enjoys chicken nuggets.  We don't allow him to eat much fast food but, if he had his choice, he'd opt for Chick-Fil-A.  They have very well seasoned and tender chicken breasts that they serve on seedless buns with two pickles; that's their signature sandwich.  They also serve it on a biscuit for breakfast and chop it up into nuggets that are served with an array of sauces.  Not gonna lie...I miss the hell out of eating chicken from there.

Since my little guy loves their chicken, I decided to recreate it for him here at home.

Ingredients:
2 medium sized chicken breasts (chopped into 1in cubes)
1/2 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of dried garlic flakes (I use Badia brand, it's AMAZE) (garlic powder would work too)
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (I'm sure white flour would work just as well)
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup of frying oil (I use Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil)

1.  After you chop your chicken into 1in cubes, place it in a large mixing bowl with the Hidden Valley Ranch, sea salt, paprika, black pepper and garlic flakes.  Add in the flour as well.  Make sure all the chicken is coated with seasoning and flour.



2.  In a large skillet (preferably cast iron) add frying oil. *I keep the oil to a minimum to reduce calories and fat*  Turn the heat on high. After a couple of minutes, add a little flour into the skillet to see if the oil bubbles. If it bubbles, you're ready to add your chicken, if not, the oil is not hot enough.



3.  Add chicken into skillet.  Let each side fry for about 2 minutes and then flip the pieces over.  Continue to do this until each nugget is firm and completely golden brown.  This process takes about 15 minutes.  Use your discretion.

4.  Remove chicken from the skillet and drain excess oil.  Leave it on  paper towels to drain.


If you try this recipe, share it on your fave social media outlet and use #RoseReddMadeIt.







3 comments:

  1. OK!!!! Are you about to start a food blog!!! Because it's about time!! HEHE!! I really want to try this for my children (& me!) too!! **heading to the printer to print this out!***

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO know and love food! LOL! Take pics and use #RoseReddMadeIt when you do! Thanks Bernetta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried this recipe and it's very good! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!