Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

This AIN'T Working Out...

This isn't working.  Get up. Get dressed.  Dress Picard.  Perform miscellaneous pre-work tasks.  Drive through maddening traffic. Get to work late.  Live in fear of loosing my job for being late. Resent job.  Go through the guilt of resenting a "good paying" job when so many don't have one.  Lament over my looming and ever growing list of duties that are non-work related.  Make promises to myself.  Make lots of lists and affirmations.  Get in the car.  Fight traffic to get to the daycare in time.  Rush to cook dinner.  Spend some precious family time.  Grind (most times no bumping). Sleep. Repeat.


My dream is to stay at home and be a SAHM (stay at home mom) and run my crafting business as well.  It's not a lofty dream.  It's just that in order for me to not work, we are going to have to pay down our debt.  Which isn't overwhelming but, it's substantial.  Especially when you factor in student loans for two people.  Cliche as it may sound, I know that nothing worth having comes easy.  I'm am attempting patience but, today, I'm just a skosh discouraged, frustrated and annoyed with my dream.

It would help me to be able to still work for someone else but, be able to do it from home.  Sigh...


2 comments:

  1. Grind tho?!? I. AM. DEAD. LOL! I feel like you do though, we have some of the same routines (no bumping OR grinding however), and it's just not working out for me either! In time though...in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole heartedly (did I spell that right)
    I want to stay at home to and DO ME!! I am debt free ... thank GOD (except for student loans) but still just regular life bills YA KNOW!!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!