Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

ALL These Things...

Hello Rose Heads!  I hope you enjoyed Mothering Week as much as I did!  I think it went really well.  I didn't realize how much actually goes in to mothering a child and balancing a family.  I just "did what needed to be done".  Now, I realize just how all encompassing it can be...and I'm proud of myself and of you for doing what you do for your families everyday.

Today, I want to talk about ALL THESE THINGS I'm doing and how frustrating it can be trying to build a couple of brands and chase life, outside the box.

My number one priority is my family.  Taking care of my husband, my son and our home is the MOST important thing in my life.  Nothing comes before it...nothing ever will (and if it does, it will be eliminated!).  Since we bought our home, I'm DIY-ing everything, in terms of decorating.  So, since I work 40 hours a week, it's hard trying to decorate, and do the cleaning and cooking and still have time for other things.  I'm struggling trying to find balance. 


For now, I've just decided to do one project per week.  For instance, I bought a very Americana set of table and chairs off of Craigslist.  I decided that I would sand and paint this set of table and chairs.  HOWEVER, in order to do that right...it takes time.  So, that's my primary project for now.  My husband really wants it to be done but...it's going to be done when it's done! LOL!




My Bachelor's of Arts degree in Educational Studies was once a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies K-8.  Once upon a time before I had Picard, I wanted nothing more than to help sculpt and mold little minds into beautiful vessels ready to help develop our world.  NOW...the rose tint has come off the old spectacles and I'm less enamored with the teaching profession.  So, I'm finishing up my last few credit hours to get this "Educational Studies" degree.  I feel bad for accumulating all this debt for nothing.  BUT...I know in my heart that being a teacher just because I started out with that is a disservice not only to the children but, to myself.  Never the less, that homework and those assignments are real and I MUST be on point with my game to get through this.  The photo below is from my LAST day of in-class visits with the kiddos...thank you MOSES!



Two Tears in my Bucket is not only my crafting blog, it's my fledgling greeting card, invitation and gift business.  Currently, I have an Etsy store but, I'm going to open another online store front just to have more access to a wider audience.  This isn't that time consuming because whenever I make a card, I take photos of it.  So, it's just about making sure I'm in my studio...nightly generating fresh product.  Additionally, crafting companies such as the ones that make paper, ribbon, bling, felt, stamps, etc. have what is called "Design Teams".  These DTs (for short) create projects for these companies using their product to give their costumers ideas about how this product can be used in their creations.  At present, I serve on two stamp company's teams, a paper and such team, a challenge blog's team and a team that scouts crafting talent.  If I want to be considered legit in this industry...it's a must that I do well on these teams.  It just comes with the territory.



What Rose Redd Said just so happened to come about because I wanted to share more about my life than just crafts and I also wanted to hold myself accountable for how I carried myself as a woman.  I think I had become too burdened with life's details to pay any real attention to myself.  This blog motivates me to always include myself in the big picture.  Now, I want to share and do more on this blog!  It's not just about fashion for me.  It's about the total woman and I want to convey that to my readers.  I want people to come here for SUBSTANCE...not just for fashion pics...not that I don't love a good fashion blog!  I just want more for this space.



SINGING...is. my. life.  Music is just as much a part of my as my hands and feet are.  Over the next few months, I'm going to record a little something...just for me.  I love to write and sing and perform.  Stardom is not required.  I just want to share this music so...even if I NEVER sleep...I'm scratching this one off the old "to-do" list.  Check me out (purely listening only...the vid isn't good).

So...I'm striving for balance.  Because it may seem like a lot but, I can't just stop.  I've got to make all these things work. 




1 comment:

  1. You are a great mom and can tell you are a great wife :) keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!