Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Do It Yourself Life Coaching

Hey Rose Heads.  Like many if not most of you, I have a lot going on.  I also have a lot of dreams and goals that I want to see come to fruition.  The issue is that I am having difficulty mapping these things out and still maintaining my day to day duties.

I immediately thought of using a life coach to help me organize and plan my strategy to improve my life and accomplish my dreams and goals.  The problem with that is life coaches aren't free!  I mentioned this on FB and in the resulting thread a friend of mine suggested a book called "Live Mapping" by Monika K. Moss.    There were some other ladies that commented on needing a life coach and somehow or another "Do it Yourself Life Coaching" came about!  I started a FB group (Do it Yourself Life Coaching) and you're more than welcome to join!  We talk about our daily, short and long term goals and share our ideas for achieving them.

Ayana, my friend and fellow DIYLC'er shared an exercise from the book.  She said to write down your ideal day, that way you can see it in black and white and work towards making that a reality.  It took FOREVER for me to sit down and do it but, I did.  I won't bore you with the details of my ideal day but, I will tell you that it gave me clarity, direction and purpose.  I invite you to start Life Coaching Yourself. Don't wait on anyone, any job or anything to give you the green light to start planning your life. 

We all need a plan.  Our plan is our road map.  Are you following yours?





5 comments:

  1. Yep..once written down, you have sort of an obligation of following thru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been whining to my husband about needing a life coach. I guess I better get crackin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl!!!!!!!!!
    I have life coaches and still don't have the balance that I need to tackle all of the things that I want and think I need to do. I might check out your group on facebook. Martha Stewart said that we should not be affraid to let things go because as long as you are in the game you are winning........I needed that quote last week becaue I do the MOST.

    #blmGirls blog hop
    www.prettygirlsrockdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing more and more about life coaching. I also see that a lot more people are open to seek advise from the outside. I think it's a great idea, we can learn and grow so much with a lil help and advise ;-)


    www.accessorieswelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a seminar last week and the guy suggested doing something everyday to get closer to your goal...even if it's something small. I definitely plan on implementing that! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!