Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

No this HEFFA Didn't!

Hey Rose Heads!  Today, my husband was supposed to take Picard to the park but, he ended up falling asleep. Sooo..mommy had to step up and do park duty.  It was late and I needed to run some errands so, I took him to a park that we normally don't go to.  As SOON as we got there, he said "mommy I don't want to go, everybody is going to laugh at me".  Now, I don't know about you all but, stuff like that tugs at the core of my heart.  So, I coaxed him towards the playground by telling him that we would just walk around and that he didn't have to play if he didn't want to.


I must say that this playground was lack luster.  There were A LOT of kids of diverse ages.  My son is a little guy and I'm always really cautious of playground shenanigans.  


There was this tunnel that he just couldn't get up.  He kept sliding down and the other kids were trying to go through so, I asked them to back-up. One of the other moms TOUCHES ME and says "don't worry mom, he's got it".  Bitch!  First of all...don't touch me!  Second of all, you don't know me or my child!  And no...he didn't have it and he was scared!

THEN...

Picard wanted to go back through the tunnel and I was telling him no because I knew it was going to be a repeat of the tunnel pile up/super scared and frustrated Picard.  Sooo, I was trying to get him to go down the slide and here comes the HEFFA again.  "Mommy you're messing up his flow".  BI-BI-EI-ITCH!  I'm trying to stop my son from getting #1 HURT, #2 UPSET, #3 PREVENTING YOUR CHILD FROM GOING UP THIS DAMN TUNNEL.

I digress...

I guess I just didn't appreciate her trying to offer me her unsolicited advice.  Needless to say we got out of there!  Do you offer unsolicited advice to other moms?






7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I offer and sometimes I don't. Since this is a blog, I will offer my thoughts, but I don't know if you will like them. Please know that they're kindly meant. Being a stay-at-home mom is good in some ways and terribly frustrating in other ways. One way that it is good is that I see my child interact with other kids on a daily basis. When the weekend rolls around, I can usually tell the parents who are at home full time and the parents who usually work outside the home. The way I can tell is that the parents who work outside the home usually hover a bit more over their kids. No one knows your baby boy like you do, but sometimes kids grow up a bit over the week in ways you didn't get to see. Perhaps going up a slide, trying to make it and failing a couple of times, is just being a kid. Sometimes just sitting back and watching is all he needs. And maybe that heffer should sit back and let you figure that out for yourself, haha! Anyway, there are so many different ways to be a mom. The awesome crafty ways that you're a mom is definitely where I don't do as well. Maybe sitting back and allowing your child to try (and possibly fail) is what you might need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree..sometimes they just have to fail, cry a little bit then start again..you may be inadvertently causing more fear if you continue your way..but I totally agree with A Gaffney..now on the other hand..she should not have touched you...cause I know you don't like that, but I think she meant well..just digress and take it as a learning experience.. I rarely give unsolicited advice for this very reason some people may take it the wrong way..my question is was the lady older or younger than you?? Sometimes an older woman will give unsolicited advice, it's just in their nature..so just listen and nod..just my opinion...

      Delete
    2. I don't mind him failing. I just didn't want him to be trampled by the other kids. I felt like she was out of line because she didn't know my child or me. He was already apprehensive and I didn't want it to get worse. He didn't even want to stay and play. That's a first. Too many older kids, not enough equipment.

      She was probably late thirties.

      Delete
  2. Omg..why did he think the other kids were going to laugh at him..I can't take that. Second I can see she was trying to advise you to help him conquer his fearand learn to do it solo..but I can see where your mommy defense came in to..I rarely offer unsolicted advice to strangers but I have given to friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I really don't offer advice. I hardley even speak to other parents at the park besides a friendly hello. I am back to watching my kids! But if a parent talks to me, I listen and engage. I don't mind the touching, because I am touchy/feely. Just don't touch my belly while I am prego without asking.

    And it's funny because, I thought the first commentor was going to say, "I can always tell a mom who works outside the home because they are impatient with their children!" I was like...........OOOHHHHHH SHE GOT ME!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ladies there weren't all that friendly. I guess she thought she was helping. Now that I'm calm, I guess I just didn't want someone telling me that I was parenting my son the wrong way.

      Delete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!