Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween, I LOVE Pagan Holidays!

Hey there Rose Heads!  The title of this post is doing the absolute MOST huh?  Yeah, I know! That's what gets you here man!  Another Common Sense 101 thing! Common Sense 101 says:  If you sensationalize it...they will come!  Trust me, the posts I have with the more controversial titles are the ones with the most views.  Boom, Pow, Pad-dow!

So, while I believe that a higher being exists, I can't say whether that's Jesus, Yahweh, Muhammad, Buddha, Moses, Siddhartha, Vishnu or any other Deity.  What I can say is I believe that there is something greater than me...than us.  I don't impose my beliefs on others and I expect the same.  I respect all religions and enjoy learning about other beliefs but, stick fast to my own. 

I said all that to say, that when my mom became saved when I was really young, she stopped letting me celebrate Halloween because she said it was a Pagan holiday that worships the darkness of the world.  Sigh...  Sooo...what is Christmas?  A Pagan Holiday! LOL!  We NEVER stopped celebrating that!  So, as an adult, I have decided that Christmas and Halloween are AMERICAN holidays and I'm going to enjoy the happiness and good cheer that they bring!  Boom! Take that mama!  Just kidding!  I'm still scared as hell of my mama!

Moving right along!  It took me 1,528 hours to get Picard's Pirate Costume together last night!  I know I should not have waited until the last minute to get it together but, you see, our bank account is set-up to where we have a checking and a savings...you know the rest! LOL! Gotta love a good Kevin Hart reference...

So anyway, I landed at Party City.  It was EXTRA, SUPER, DELUXE CRAY up in there!

Can you BELIEVE this line!?!?  BUT...anything for mama's baby!

Every pirate needs gold! Duh!  Check out my baby's piece and chain (that's so ratchet...LOL)!


He was so happy to try everything on!  That's actually a Captain Jack Sparrow jump suit.  It was only $10.00.  I got the eye patch from Hobby Lobby. 



The sabre and hat came from Party City! 

He told me, mommy a pirate looks like this and says Arrrrrgggg! LOL  I love all the three year old conversation!

Oh and don't pay attention to the ratchet of the ratchet blinds in the background.  We replaced all the blinds in the house with faux wood blinds. I'm planning some other treatment for these windows!  No judging! :)

Here is the hubby and I dressed as Ice Cube and Janelle Monae!


Happy Pagan Holiday y'all!



5 comments:

  1. You all look fab in your costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH A CUTE POST! Your baby is so cute. You and your husband are adorable. Happy Pagan Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little one is so cute! LOL at your hubby! Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yassss.... you already know the TITLE along with have lurkers lurking!!!!! *BRILLIANT*

    You guys look great!!!! I'm a FAN of any HOLIDAY in the name of Food, Family & Fun!!!! #AMEN

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes so cute your little guy is. Oh and I see that clutch. yessss

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!