Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

5 Wifey Laws

Hey there Rose Heads!  I'm sorry that I've been an inconsistent poster!  I've been trying to learn how to be a better blogger. This is my second blog and I'm figuring out the direction I want this space to go.  I have a crafting blog and the vibe and posting schedule with that is so different.  So, I hope you'll continue to bear with me as I refine and define What Rose Redd Said.

Now, as you know, I'm married.  I have been for almost six and one half years.  During that time, I've learned a few things.  I'm emphasizing FEW because I'm not as seasoned as some of you!  Here are a few things that I have come to do that ensure my sanity while being married to the man of my dreams.

1.  Tell the truth.
Okay.  Sounds simple right?  Well, it's not.  It's very easy in a marriage to cover up your true feelings for the sake of the other party.  I say, make your feelings known.  Remember, this is your partner for life.  Let him know how you feel about how you make love, how he speaks to you, the frequency of his friend's visits...whatever it is...be, unequivocally HONEST!

2.  Keep yourself up.
I don't mean spend eleven teen hours in the gym and eat cabbage all day.  I mean, wear some cute clothes around the house.  Dress up when he takes you out, even if it's to Applebee's.  Keep your lingerie game on point.  Don't forget that you are his queen and I've never seen a shabby looking queen.

3.  Make things easy on yourself.
Don't try to prepare a five course meal every night.  Learn how to make soups, casseroles and other dishes that don't require a lot of effort.  On busy days, you want to be able to feed your family and enjoy them without having a ton of clean-up.  ALSO, this stops you from having an unpleasant attitude because you're over worked.

4.  Be a passionate love maker.
If you're going to roll your eyes and suck your teeth while you all are making love...just don't do it.  Do it when you're going to be in to it.  Don't fake the funk in bed...funk it up instead.  Wait..that didn't come out right...Lol!

5.  Keep yo' friends and family out of your marriage.
Listen, if you need to vent about something your hubby did, vent to someone you KNOW is not going to cause conflict between you all.  A lot of times when you're already over it, mom, dad or whomever is holding a grudge.




NOW, ON TO THE PHOTO PARADE!

Us at 22 years old!  LOL!  So in LOVE!



Age 23...and matching! LOL!


Wedding vows...


We IS MARRIED Now! :)


The reception attire...we came in to "Let's Get Married"! LOL!


I loved our cake!  The reception was on the 25th floor of a building downtown Atlanta.  We had a panoramic view of the city!


Two year wedding anniversary!


Three years of wedded bliss!



First family photo!


Date night!  Four years under our belt!


Second family photo!
  

Family photo '11...





7 comments:

  1. Great pics!! I'm getting married in March but we've been dating 4 years and I practice all of what you have preached!! Thanks for the advice love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and beautiful family! Love your blog! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Please visit my blog www.divasthrifttwo.blogspot.com to accept your nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There! The info regarding the Versatile Blogger Award is on my blog now! Sorry, I notified you before I posted it!

    Demetria
    www.divasthrifttwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award. :) My post will be up tomorrow.

    www.curvynaturalandlovingit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! I've been with my bf for 7 yrs (off and on) and we have a 5 year old. Recently, we've been talking marriage and family, something neither of us thought we wanted. Looking at your photos gives me hope! I'm inspired and happy to know it's possible for two black people to have a healthy loving marriage and family.

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!