Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday Random: Fashion Focal Point with Tailored Wardrobe


Hey Rose Heads!  I'm back again with another Fashion Focal Point challenge with Renee of Tailored Wardrobe

This challenge is meant to inspire YOU to create an outfit based on the Fashion Focal Point.  Link it up in the comment section here on my blog OR on Renee's blog.

This week, it was Renee's go to select the focal point.  She chose a L.A.M.B. clutch that is retailing for $119.99.


Now, you all know that I can't buy a clutch for over one hundred dollars.  My budget won't even allow me to pretend like could afford that.  Here is a cheaper alternative:

1980's Red purse/clutch

This purse is vintage from THIS Etsy store.  It's selling for $10.83!  Now, of course it's not an exact  replica of the L.A.M.B bag but, the texture and the color are there.

So, now on to this outfit...

THE JUMPSUIT:


I'm a fan of the jumpsuit but, I must admit I don't wear my back and shoulders out so, I don't even own a strapless bras *GASP*.  I'm getting over it though and this ASOS jumpsuit may help me do it.  It's made out of a breathable, black jersey fabric, the pant legs are tapered at the ankle giving it a smart pencil pant look.  Plus, with a price point of $43.12, you can't go wrong. It's versatile, comfortable and fly!

THE BLAZER:


I love blazers and cardigans.  Especially the polka dot ones!  If you're looking for a comfortable statement blazer, try this one from Forever 21+  I tried it on in the store in a XL and it's comfy and feels good.  At a price point of $29.80...I'll take it!

THE SHOES:


What is that?  VELVET?!?!? I'm a fan of mixing it up with my shoes.  Some expensive, some not.  These are $34.98 on clearance at ALDO

THE JEWELRY:

$3.80!  BOOM!  Forever 21 strikes again!


And again!  $8.80


And one mo' 'gin!  $8.80



Make sure to stop by Renee's blog and see what outfit she has created!  Don't forget to link up in the comments if you're interested in playing along!








3 comments:

  1. Like the jumper addition and the alternative clutch... reminds me of the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo and the blog. I see polka dot a lot lately too hmm I use to love it back in the day too. Stopping by from #blmgirls

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!