Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm NOT spending THAT on kid's clothes!




Hey Rose Heads!  Have you been on FB and seen the UBER fashionable children?  You know, the little boy with the yellow skinny jeans, polo shirt, stripped shirt draped over the shoulders and loafers?  Or, the little girl with the green dress with the ruffle in the front, sandals, a cross the body purse and shades?  Well, if you haven't...check them out...


Photo: My new post on Restycle http://letsrestycle.com/the-little-ones/

Photo

I don't think there is anything wrong with dressing your kids like this BUT...it's EXPENSIVE!  I refuse to buy expensive things for Picard.  He plays, gets stains on things, rumbles and tumbles and I don't want to invest a lot of money into his clothes.  ALSO he's growing!

Here is a list of other reasons I'm not going to spend an arm, leg and two toes on his clothes:
1.  I don't want him to think that he has to spend a lot of money on clothes to look nice.  We all know that's a lie.
2.  I don't want him to be spoiled.
3.  I want him to learn how to shop (not at three of course) and how to make his dollars stretch.
4.  I want him to be humble.
5.  I want him to know that as long has he is neat, clean and well groomed, he will present himself well.  The label matters NOT!

I struggle with wanting to be sharp all the time.  But, at the end of the day, I have to be able to pay bills, take care of home and car repairs, put gas in our cars and...well...live!  I have to remember the importance of being thrifty.

Now, I shop for him at Children's Place, Gap Kids, Old Navy, Dillard's and anywhere else I can get a good deal but, if it's going to break the bank.  It's not gonna happen.

Plus, my baby is CA-UTE anyway! :)

Photo: I'm playing in the dirt...what are you doing with your Friday? http://instagr.am/p/OKn84gO86P/

See what I mean about the dirt?  Happy sigh... :0)

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I think the little fashionistas I've been seeing on social media are cute, but they don't inspire me to go out and buy all that stuff for my children! I enjoy dressing my children, but I will not break the bank trying to keep them in designer clothes. It's just not realistic for my budget. Both of my babies are growing like weeds and they don't stay in much very long anyways. And with the khaki school uniforms my son keeps putting grass stains in, it wouldn't make sense to splurge on wardrobes. You said it best, as long as they're clean, neat and well-groomed, they're good to go!

    Your son is adorable too, btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Dre! I knew someone out there felt the same!

      Delete
  2. I agree I think you should buy what's in your budget and practical for your lifestyle. These kids have rich Moms who can afford to buy their kids pretty much anything.....I don't have kids but whenever I do have some I will buy them the best that my budget will allow.

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!