Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Oh What a Day...What a Day, What a Day...

Hey Rose Heads!  You know Friday is my day to vent so, I'm going to lay it all out there!  (In my son's voice) O-tay...

It's hard trying to balance being a wife, mother, employee, blogger, crafter, friend, sister and daughter.  Some days I just let the day carry me around as if it were a giant undulating wave bouncing my tired body hither and tither.  Then there are other days where I'm organized beyond organized.  Those days I feel powerful, masterful and confident. 

Typically, my day goes like this:

At 6:00am Picard (our three year old) comes into our room ready to start the day.  I'm like...


I just want him and the alarm to stay quiet for maybe 30 minutes or more.  Is that too much to ask?  But, then I look into his sweet face and I'm ready to tackle the day...and the world...and Dora...and Diego...and Thomas...and Yo Gabba Gabba...

At 7:30am Terence (my husband) and I are carpooling to work through that heinous ass Atlanta traffic.  I'm driving because I drop him off first and then head on to my job.  I enjoy our laughter and conversation on the way to work but, if he checks me about my driving one mo' 'gin!!!



By 8:30am I'm sitting behind my desk, giving everyone my "corporate voice and smile".  It's show time, money making time.  There are a lot of things I like and appreciate about my job however, crafting is my passion.  I'm working on making that transition.  I get tired of playing that corporate game sometimes though. "I'm sorry, did you just ask me if my hair is YARN?!?  GTFOH!"  Sigh...


By 12:00pm, my hubby has sent me a sweet text telling me how good the lunch I made for him was.  I'm floating on his compliment cloud and can't wait to pick him up after work to get our baby...



By 2:30pm I can no longer will myself away from chocolate.  It's time to feast on the beast.  I'm always drained by this time and I'm always ill-prepared with snacks.  So, I eat chocolate or Flaming Hot Cheetos and a Grape soda...I'm such a walking cliche.  BUT..then I feel guilty for doing that...damn it! 



By 3:30pm, I'm either writing a blog post on my crafty blog Two Tears in my Bucket, or on this blog.  I try to follow all you guys and more folks so I can learn, grow and carve my own identity out of this Blogger clay.  I'm typically distracted by some great tid bit I've found and I feel enlightened that I've learned a new thing...



By 5:15pm, there is SOMEONE needing SOMETHING that they COULD HAVE asked for at the beginning of the day.  Since I'm on a tight time schedule with picking up Picard, I've got to peace out.  Sucks for them...


By 6:45pm, I'm back at home with the Washington Men, happy and fulfilled.  I may not have everything I want right now but, I certainly have everything I need.





3 comments:

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!