Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

I Can't Be THAT kind of Blogger...

Alright.  I admit it.  I'm a Blog Stalker.  I'm talking die hard, creeping in the blog shadows, secretly living vicariously through other folk's bloggy lives, reading a million posts, commenting on like two...stalker.  Yep, that's me.

But, here's the thing...In all of my stalking I realized that I have been feeling bad about not being the kind of blogger that attends networking events, hosts parties, has a million cool friends that all agree on their collective coolness and looks FAB like all day errry day.  That ain't me y'all.  That's NEVER going to be me! 

PAUSE: Okay, I did go to one event that I heard about on the "Two Stylish Kays" blog.  I actually met Keren and she was super sweet.  I wanted to connect more and have more of a convo but, I was scared man.  I got a pic though! LOL!



Okay, press PLAY:  Let me tell you why I have event phobia....(You know there's a list coming right?...don't act like that!  You know how I do!)

1.  I work a full-time job.
By the time I get to work and finish work and commute...I'm spent.  I don't have the energy to go out to a mall, restaurant or boutique talkin' 'bout some daggone "networking".  Basically, I'm scared.

2.  My family comes first.
All joking aside, I can't be away from my guys all day and then, turn around and sacrifice the few hours after work/daycare we have with each other just to "be seen" and hobknob with folks.  Well, maybe once in a while.  This is for real, for real...but, Basically, I'm scared.

3.  I ain't got no money mannnnn!
Gas is precious like gold these days.  Even though I have a pretty gas efficient vehicle, we still have to conserve.  Additionally, who can go out of the house and not eat, or purchase a thing or three?  My money is fun-nay!  And plus...I'm scared!

4.  I'm shy...'nah mean?
I'm shy! I don't know what these folks are going to say or think of me when I show up in my $15.00 outfit...INCLUDING THE SHOES.  And I don't want to hear that "you shouldn't care what others think stuff" because I can't help it...I do.  See man...that's why I'm scared!

5.  I'm stuck between two blog worlds.
On the one hand, I have this blog which is all about me, my family, our home and whatever miscellaneous things I decide to discuss.  On the other foot (lol)...I have a crafting blog which is all about my paper crafting.  These two groups of people are extremely different.  Crafters are so open and accepting.  There are always crops and blog hops and so much togetherness.  Lifestyle/Fashion/Hair and Beauty bloggers are savvy and know how to work their blogs for that moola.  I don't really feel I "fit" anywhere...sigh.  I'm scared damn it!

So, my hat goes off to all these fly ladies out there networking, making moves and creating their brands.  I think I'm going to go slow and just let this blog carry me where ever I'm supposed to go.  I think my voice has a place in this blog world now my entire self at some event...I don't know 'bout all that!



2 comments:

  1. I feel you rochelle. That's part of the reason I've not started a blog. I've been told by a few friends and my bf that I should, but I haven't. I can identify with your list and I know I can relate to the fear, esp. when you don't think you'll fit. I read many blogs and I find them so fab I'm like I don't know if I can bring the same thing to the table. Maybe one day I'll talk myself into blogging. I'm considering next year as a start date, but don't hold me to that, lol! Keep it up, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle, I just found this blog (not sure how I didn't find it earlier). It's awesome! I'm going to follow over here too, because I REALLY like you (and both your blogs), A LOT. :-) I'm scared too. I have major event phobia, even when the event includes people I know! But, like you, when I force myself out, somehow I enjoy myself, most times.

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!