Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Feeling Froggy - A Job Rant

Hey Rose Heads!  I hope you're having a great prelude to your weekend!  Do you  have a day job?  I mean something that you do when you're not blogging lol!  Well, I do.  I'm an Administrative Assistant for an Architecture firm here in Atlanta, GA.  I'm not ungrateful for my job.  I actually like most of the people, I get paid a good salary and I can take off when I need to take care of my family.  That's a biggie to me...the taking off part.

BUT...this is NOT what I want to be doing with my life.  I started this job five years ago.  My goal was to finish school, become a teacher and live happily ever after.  When I had Picard (almost three years ago...wow), I realized that I don't want to teach.  What I really want to do is pursue crafting and parlay that into a CAREER...not a job like a view everything else.  You see, I love to be creative and think outside the box.  I THRIVE from that.  So, I KNOW that's what I should be doing.  I mean, have you seen my cards?  www.twotearsinmybucket.blogspot.com  I live for this stuff!

BUT...then I sit and think about the security of my 9 to 5.  I think about how comfortable it is here and how there are a lot of resources here for me.

Maybe I should create a PROS/CONS list:

PROS of staying at my okay JOB:
1.  Financial security.
2.  Opportunities for personal and professional development.
3.  Chance to learn from my co-workers.
4.  Coming to "the city" everyday.

CONS of staying at my okay JOB:
1.  Being out of the house 11 hours a day.
2.  Not having enough time to enjoy life daily.
3.  Not having enough creative time.
4.  Playing the "politics" game on a daily basis.
5.  Being someone's subordinate.
6.  No creativity for a straight 9 hour time period M-F.

Sigh...I'm not quitting today but, I'm doing something about this.  I've got to come up with a plan...

1 comment:

  1. I battle with this thought daily as well........*le sigh*

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!