Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Feeling Froggy - Who is THIS CHICK!?!?

Who is this chick?  The one that makes it all seem so damn easy.  The one who has men drooling over her as she casually sachets her way through the crowded walk ways of the mall.  Yeah her.  Why is she always fly?  Why is her face beat, her wig whipped and her outfit snatched?  Heffa.  I don't like this chick.  I don't like the way she makes me feel.  She makes me feel guilty for buying craft supplies instead of make-up.  Guilty for buying dish towels instead of bangles.  Guilty for spending time blogging and making shit when I need to be jogging and shaking shit.  Does she have a house?  Is it furnished and decorated?  If so, how?!  It looks like all her money is...well, on her.  I know she ain't got no kids and a husband.

I'm agitated that I tried this outfit on...
BUT...didn't buy it because the sweatshirt was $22.00.  The skirt was $11 something...I should have bought it.  Miss Thang would have bought it.

This outfit would have been like $40.00.  I spent $40.00 but, I got a few things.  Gotta makes those dollas, holla...i'm just saying.

BUT...then I sit and think.  I am who I am.  I have what I have and I'm grateful for that. I snap back into reality and realize what is for her is for her; and what is for me is for me.  I don't know her story.  How and why she has what she has.  I'm happy to be myself with my limited budget and my unlimited creativity, love and FLYNESS!

So, I'm done hating on this chick and coveting her look...

That is until I see her ass again.



3 comments:

  1. What an awesome post, I definitely feel that way sometimes :) Those outfits were fly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post indeed

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!