Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Good In My Soul...Squash

Sunday was a laid back day at the Washington Manor.  Picard was taking his nap and Terence and I were sitting in the man cave on our laptops.  Since it was Sunday, I decided I was going to cook something good and make enough for left overs.  Something that I try and cook at least once a week is squash. It's easy, it practically cooks itself and it's healthy! That's what I call a win, win.  This time I used zucchini as well.


I don't use recipes when I cook.  So, that makes it hard to teach someone to make one of my dishes. So, bear with me as I try to break it down.

You'll Need This:
I'm cooking for FOUR (even though it's three of us)
3 small yellow squash
3 small pieces of zucchini
1 medium yellow onion (if you like a lot of onions)
1 teaspoon of olive oil
Sea Salt (I salt to taste but, if I had to guess, I probably use a teaspoon of sea salt)
Black Pepper (I use about a half of a teaspoon)
Garlic (A few dashes)

First:
Chop up all the squash, zucchini and onions.  (I try and make thin rings.  I don't know how thick you like your squash but, I like mine thin!)  Dump 'em in your medium pan. 

Then: 
Add all your seasonings.  This is what mine looks like after this step.

Finally:
Add your olive oil and mix everything up.  Turn the stove on medium heat (I cook with gas so, I don't know about those electric deals) and throw a top on that bad boy.  I use Bertoli...that stuff is EXTRA good!

*I stir occasionally and when the squash is transparent, I turn the heat up and sear it a little.  I love the flavor that adds!

Here is the finished product!



Keep Your Head to the Sky,
Rochelle

2 comments:

  1. I am about to squash it up this weekend ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some summer squash! I went to visit my aunt in the country last weekend and we were out in her garden picking okra and squash. This post is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!