Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Used to Love Her...But now I don't...

I had Picard (yes, my son is named after Jean Luc Picard of Startrek Next Generation) almost three years ago.  He turned my world upside down.  I LOVE being a mother but, I wasn't mentally prepared.  I'm not going to front like I was the slimmest or the flyest chick before I had him.  BUT after I had him, my stomach drooped at the bottom, I got more hips (that's actually a plus), I acquired more back fat and I was depressed. 

I gave myself over to the homely and frumpy goons.  They were so easy and accommodating.  They didn't make me wear heels, or cute clothes.  They didn't make me arch my eyebrows or manicure my nails.  I was loving them.  I was loving not having to work for anything and anyone but, my husband and my son.

I would have moments of clarity (where I would pull off a cute outfit or two a month) that were spirited away by thoughts like..."I don't have money to dress like I want to", "I'm fat", "I'm tired"...blah and blah.
However, this year, I decided enough of that negativity.  Enough of living in a place that required me to only be a mother and a wife.

So, like the post title says...I used to love her...But, now I don't! She's tired.  She looks tired.  She feels tired. 

 After my self-assessment and reality check...ROCHELLE came back!  Damn I love Rochelle! :)


Okay, let met tell y'all...  I don't own expensive anything and I refuse to go broke for the sake of wearing a lable so, I feel damned good in my Forever 21 earrings and my Forever 21+ dress!  I feel REBORN!  I don't know what the hell I was doing all that time!



So, fast forward to today...I LOVE THIS ROCHELLE!  Confident, happy, fulfilled and inspired!



My face is beat.
My hair is moisturized and twisted (BTW..I have locs...not braids...not sister locs and not weave).
My outfit is fly.
My spirit is soaring.



I love this lady.

Fit Facts:
Turquoise Triangle Earrings - Forever 21
Orange Dress - Forever 21+
Blue Platform Pumps - Newport News

Fit Facts:
Nautical Blouse - Forever 21+
Black and White Stripped Dress - Calvin Klein
Gold Earrings - Thrifted
Gold Cuff Bracelet - Thrifted

Keep Your Head to the Sky,
Rochelle


2 comments:

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!