Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Manor Managing - My son has a side chick...

Hey Rose Heads! My son, Picard will be three in a couple of short weeks.  I can't believe time has flow by so quickly!  It's insane.  Sometimes I feel like a bad mom because I'm not with him more.  I mean, he's at daycare almost eleven hours a day!  THEN...you know what I do?  I let him watch Dora when we get home so that I can have some peace to cook and get our evening life together.  He. Loves. That. Damn. Dora!  Don't get me wrong.  I don't let the TV babysit him...all the time.  Since "school" is back in, we're limiting his TV time but, if I need some peace I whip that daggone Netflix on in 2.2 seconds!  As a result, he is IN LOVE with Dora!


It's unreal.  I feel like I fanned the flames of this love affair by using the TV to keep him occupied in the first place!  I'm definitely not going to eliminate it but, we need a lot more creative play minus any gadget - ie.: cellphones, tablets, etc.

In addition to that, I'm trying to work with him more on his pre-literacy skills and I think he needs to learn HOW to sit still and read and learn.  I think too much stimulation is just not good for the babies.

Sigh...what's a mommy to do?


4 comments:

  1. Dora to the world! At least I am not the only one! Mines is Matilda repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son might have a fight on his hands because my son is in love with Dora too..I know that Dora and Calliou will keep him occupied for hours. I often feel the same way when i throw on the tv to hold hi, captive for a few hours. Yesterday I even turned off the tv for a while and neither of us watched a thing.. i read my book and i had him sit down and read his too! But when you have things to do..I overstand letting them watch their one true love..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same. My son is 5 and I sometimes kick myself when I have to turn to my good friend Netflix so I can get dinner ready or whatever. Just find balance and don't stress too much over it.

    ReplyDelete

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!