Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Random: Bright and Bold at work!

Hi Rose Heads!  I have a girlfriend that says that she hates rules.  I always laugh when she says that because our lives are governed by rules.  Rules bring order and ensure that everything will run smoothly.  But, that's not really what she meant.  She meant, that she doesn't like LAME RULES!

Here is an example:

*No visible piercings or tattoos at work.
*No skirts or dresses above the knee.
*You must wear stockings.
*You must wear your hair off of your neck.
*You cannot wear locs, braids or afros.

Those kind of janky ass rules.  See where I'm coming from?  I truly believe that a lot of rules are meant to suppress, oppress and pigeon hole people in to little manageable boxes. Sooo...I'm grateful that my job allows me to dress how I feel and express myself.  I don't think I could manage at a place where I had to be an android and not a feeling, growing, expressive and multi-faceted human being.

Check out what I wore to work today...


Fit Facts:
Cheetah Print Cardigan:  Thrifted
Orange Dress:  Forever 21+
Cap Toe Tan and Black Flat Shoes:  NY & Co.



1 comment:

We all know what Rose Redd Said BUT...it's what YOU say that matters!